Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tiny Wonders

This article should've been written on Sunday.  I won't lie.  But Sunday was Valentine's Day; a day best spent getting wasted in the street and talking about how lame you think Valentine's Day is, even though you secretly want nothing more than to receive a giant stuffed bear holding a heart before you go out to an Italian restaurant and share a single plate of spaghetti with your significant other, which will inevitably end in you guys getting the same strand of pasta, then making out.

Of course, I didn't do that.  I went to some art show/dance party against domestic violence, then got drunk with some lesbians.  Which resulted in immune system failure for the next 2 days, which left me in a state of devastation in which I was only able to lay on the couch in my underwear watching John Hughes movies.  It's basically like taking echinacea, just more entertaining and angst-ridden.

Anyway, the show was awesome.  Tiny Wonders, I mean.  It was a collaborative art show put on by Dylan Hosey, a local artist himself who wanted to showcase a number of pieces from different people across all mediums.  He hopes for this to be the first installment of 'Tiny Wonders' with more to come, at different locations.  This particular one was at The Good Shop on 22nd and Folsom: 

It's a small store owned by a couple (and possibly their baby) offering vintage clothes, not vintage clothes, books, art, cassettes, and on this occasion, free Skittles.  Check it out.


Anywhere offering pictures of Tom Cruise, Bowie and Chewbacca all on the same shelving unit deserves a bit of praise.  But I digress.  Here's what else you might have missed:
People with sexy shoes, shimmying.


Fictional entomology displays (Nikki Garcia)

 
Sexy photo transfers (Sean Dillon)


Mass consumption of PBR


Tiny pictures of people with various occupations


This Cuban drug lord and her needlework (Isla Bell Murray)


Oh, and this picture of Dylan Hosey, host and curator, conquering a stair case.
We even did an interview shortly after this, but I left my voice recorder 2 blocks away from where I am right now, and I'm not walking back.  I jumped out of bed today and broke my toe.  Genius.  Plus, there's about a minute of wasted tape I'd have to listen to in which some drunkard at the show who will go unnamed (let's say Danielle G... no wait, that's too obvious.  How about, D. Garcia) squeezed her way between me and Dylan to ask repeatedly where to buy beer, and having realized we were doing an interview, began to ask repeatedly where to buy butt cream.  If you see her on the street, break her legs for me.  Haha, just kidding sort of.

Anyway, keep an eye out next week for... something.  I don't know.  Photos of mustaches?  You tell me.
Oh, and the next Tiny Wonders event at a different location.  You can't wait. 

2 comments:

  1. I see you're up and running again. THANK GOD; now I have something to read over and over and wonder WHY YOU NEVER SEEM TO GET THE NEW FANGLED VOICE RECORDER THING FIGURED OUT. Are you taunting me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl with the glasses. She's the coolest girl I know. Fact!

    ReplyDelete